The last several years at YDO have been marked by tremendous growth, in students served and programs delivered, and 2018 was no exception!
Over the last year, we worked with more youth than ever before in our history. We implemented an exciting new STEM programming partnership with Lawrence High School. We hired our first dedicated fundraiser and welcomed a director of recruiting and persistence--YDO Alumna Nelly Alba! We launched Postsecondary Pathways: our newest flagship program, focused on college success and delivered in partnership with Abbot Lawrence Academy. The list goes on!
As this year comes to a close, all of us in the YDO community want to share our deepest gratitude to the many supporters and volunteers who made our work in Lawrence possible. In particular, we wish to acknowledge the following foundations and companies, which provided critical financial support:
- Amelia Peabody Foundation
- Eastern Bank Charitable Foundation
- Essex County Community Foundation
- Gelfand Family Charitable Trust
- The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust
- The Hestia Fund
- Keller Family Fund
- Edward S. and Winifred Moseley Foundation
- George H. and Jane A. Mifflin Memorial Fund
- Rogers Family Foundation
- Nathaniel & Elizabeth Stevens Foundation
- Richard and Susan Smith Family Foundation
- TD Charitable Foundation
- Van Otterloo Family Foundation
- Women’s Fund of Essex County
These institutions and all of our donors make critical investments in the young leaders of tomorrow—in Lawrence, the Merrimack Valley, and beyond.